Apple has rejected the registration of the Samsung Pay Mini online payments app onto its app store, according to ET News. “Competition between Samsung and Apple has expanded towards markets for online payments, and Samsung has decided to focus on Android rather than providing its service through Apple devices,” the publication reports. The app was expected to go live in South Korea in June 2016. It is now expected to be introduced in January 2017.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case