Apple has rejected the registration of the Samsung Pay Mini online payments app onto its app store, according to ET News. “Competition between Samsung and Apple has expanded towards markets for online payments, and Samsung has decided to focus on Android rather than providing its service through Apple devices,” the publication reports. The app was expected to go live in South Korea in June 2016. It is now expected to be introduced in January 2017.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit