Augmented reality start-up Blippar is adding real-time facial recognition technology to its mobile app, Business Insider reports. Users will be able to scan faces to unlock a “unique augmented reality experience”. Profiles for more than 70,000 public figures have been created, while users will eventually be able to set up their own profile. Blippar is this Christmas working with London’s Covent Garden to deliver what is claimed to be the largest showcase of AR technology attempted in one location.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign