Augmented reality start-up Blippar is adding real-time facial recognition technology to its mobile app, Business Insider reports. Users will be able to scan faces to unlock a “unique augmented reality experience”. Profiles for more than 70,000 public figures have been created, while users will eventually be able to set up their own profile. Blippar is this Christmas working with London’s Covent Garden to deliver what is claimed to be the largest showcase of AR technology attempted in one location.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa