Augmented reality start-up Blippar is adding real-time facial recognition technology to its mobile app, Business Insider reports. Users will be able to scan faces to unlock a “unique augmented reality experience”. Profiles for more than 70,000 public figures have been created, while users will eventually be able to set up their own profile. Blippar is this Christmas working with London’s Covent Garden to deliver what is claimed to be the largest showcase of AR technology attempted in one location.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account