Augmented reality start-up Blippar is adding real-time facial recognition technology to its mobile app, Business Insider reports. Users will be able to scan faces to unlock a “unique augmented reality experience”. Profiles for more than 70,000 public figures have been created, while users will eventually be able to set up their own profile. Blippar is this Christmas working with London’s Covent Garden to deliver what is claimed to be the largest showcase of AR technology attempted in one location.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes