Augmented reality start-up Blippar is adding real-time facial recognition technology to its mobile app, Business Insider reports. Users will be able to scan faces to unlock a “unique augmented reality experience”. Profiles for more than 70,000 public figures have been created, while users will eventually be able to set up their own profile. Blippar is this Christmas working with London’s Covent Garden to deliver what is claimed to be the largest showcase of AR technology attempted in one location.
- Google Pay goes live in France
- EU antitrust chief ‘could review’ Apple Pay
- Apple Pay goes live in Germany
- EU citizens report bugs in UK government NFC passport reading app
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments