American Express has unveiled an Add a Card feature to its Amex bot for Messenger, allowing eligible US Consumer and Open card members to add their card and billing information for purchases on Facebook. “After adding a card to their Facebook accounts, card members can easily make in-game purchases, purchases on the shop sections of business’ Facebook pages and participate in Messenger commerce experiences,” American Express says. The company unveiled its Amex bot for Messenger in June 2016.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies