American Express has unveiled an Add a Card feature to its Amex bot for Messenger, allowing eligible US Consumer and Open card members to add their card and billing information for purchases on Facebook. “After adding a card to their Facebook accounts, card members can easily make in-game purchases, purchases on the shop sections of business’ Facebook pages and participate in Messenger commerce experiences,” American Express says. The company unveiled its Amex bot for Messenger in June 2016.
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump
- China opens up its payments market to foreign companies
- Starbucks to run cashless store pilot in South Korea
- Apple closes Dutch bank Bunq’s backdoor to Apple Pay