Banco Santander in Spain is offering customers a 5% discount on items bought using Apple Pay until 15 January 2017. The offer applies to all transactions made under €500 (US$531), with the total amount discounted credited to customer accounts between 1 and 15 March. The bank’s customers have been able to register Mastercard debit or credit cards to Apple Pay since the mobile payment service launched in Spain earlier this month.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities