Banco Santander in Spain is offering customers a 5% discount on items bought using Apple Pay until 15 January 2017. The offer applies to all transactions made under €500 (US$531), with the total amount discounted credited to customer accounts between 1 and 15 March. The bank’s customers have been able to register Mastercard debit or credit cards to Apple Pay since the mobile payment service launched in Spain earlier this month.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers