Mastercard and Visa have signed a tokenization agreement that will allow Mastercard to request tokenized Visa credentials from Visa for provisioning into Masterpass and Visa to request tokenized Mastercard payment credentials from Mastercard for provisioning into Visa Checkout. The agreement will “accelerate the adoption of tokens” across both digital payment platforms, says Mastercard’s James Anderson.
- ABN Amro unveils blockchain-based NFC platform for trade inventory tracking
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption