All Samsung smartphones except for a handful of low-end models will come with Samsung Pay preinstalled from the start of 2017, an official from the company has told Business Korea. The mobile payments service launched in 2015 and was available initially only on Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ and Note 5 models. It is preparing to launch the Samsung Pay Mini app in January 2017, which will be available on all Android handsets but has been blocked by Apple from appearing on its app store.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash