All Samsung smartphones except for a handful of low-end models will come with Samsung Pay preinstalled from the start of 2017, an official from the company has told Business Korea. The mobile payments service launched in 2015 and was available initially only on Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ and Note 5 models. It is preparing to launch the Samsung Pay Mini app in January 2017, which will be available on all Android handsets but has been blocked by Apple from appearing on its app store.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service