All Samsung smartphones except for a handful of low-end models will come with Samsung Pay preinstalled from the start of 2017, an official from the company has told Business Korea. The mobile payments service launched in 2015 and was available initially only on Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ and Note 5 models. It is preparing to launch the Samsung Pay Mini app in January 2017, which will be available on all Android handsets but has been blocked by Apple from appearing on its app store.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet