Luxury hotel and casino Wynn Las Vegas will install Amazon’s Echo in all its 4,748 rooms by summer 2017. Guests will initially be able to control room lights, temperature, drapery and the television by talking to Alexa, the virtual assistant on the Echo device. As the project evolves, future features such as personal assistant functions will be introduced, the hotel says.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes