Indian consumers using the FreeCharge mobile wallet will have their wallet balance of up to Rs 20,000 (US$293) insured free of charge, Economic Times reports, as long as they are making transactions using the service at least once a month, through a partnership with Reliance General Insurance. Customers need to report a phone loss or theft to police and to FreeCharge by phone or email.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay