Samsung has unveiled its latest mid-range Galaxy A series of smartphones, which all come equipped with support for Samsung Pay mobile payments. The Galaxy A series includes a 5.7-inch A7 and a 5.2-inch A5, which both include embedded secure elements, as well as a smaller 4.7-inch A3 device. The new smartphones will be available in Russia this month, with expansion to global markets to follow.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards