A new biometric authentication solution that offers smartphone, tablet and PC owners a choice of fingerprint or facial recognition has been unveiled. The “multi-factor biometric fusion engine” from US firm Synaptics allows users to choose how to authenticate based on personal preference or what is most convenient, such as choosing facial recognition when they are wearing gloves but fingerprint recognition at other times.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities