The global mobile payment market will reach US$780bn by the end of 2017, amounting to an annual increase of 25.8%, research firm TrendForce predicts. More than 60% of smartphones shipped worldwide this year will feature NFC, while over 50% of smartphones shipped worldwide will feature fingerprint recognition, the company adds.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes