The global mobile payment market will reach US$780bn by the end of 2017, amounting to an annual increase of 25.8%, research firm TrendForce predicts. More than 60% of smartphones shipped worldwide this year will feature NFC, while over 50% of smartphones shipped worldwide will feature fingerprint recognition, the company adds.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet