The global mobile payment market will reach US$780bn by the end of 2017, amounting to an annual increase of 25.8%, research firm TrendForce predicts. More than 60% of smartphones shipped worldwide this year will feature NFC, while over 50% of smartphones shipped worldwide will feature fingerprint recognition, the company adds.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service