The global mobile payment market will reach US$780bn by the end of 2017, amounting to an annual increase of 25.8%, research firm TrendForce predicts. More than 60% of smartphones shipped worldwide this year will feature NFC, while over 50% of smartphones shipped worldwide will feature fingerprint recognition, the company adds.
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans
- US airport stores to automatically file expense reports for business travellers
- LG to launch mobile payments service using magnetic communication technology
- Samsung Pay goes live across India with support for Paytm and UPI money transfers