The PCI Security Standards Council has updated its card production and provisioning standard to expand protections for mobile payments. PCI Card Production and Provisioning Security Requirements Version 2.0 “extends and adds to existing physical and logical security requirements for vendors that perform cloud-based host card emulation or secure element provisioning services; manage over-the-air personalisation, life cycle management and preparation of personalisation data; or manage associated cryptographic keys,” PCI says.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities