The PCI Security Standards Council has updated its card production and provisioning standard to expand protections for mobile payments. PCI Card Production and Provisioning Security Requirements Version 2.0 “extends and adds to existing physical and logical security requirements for vendors that perform cloud-based host card emulation or secure element provisioning services; manage over-the-air personalisation, life cycle management and preparation of personalisation data; or manage associated cryptographic keys,” PCI says.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa