Visa cardholders are being automatically entered into a lucky draw for the chance to win one million Thai Baht (US$28,100) worth of gold whenever they use their contactless card or Samsung Pay at more than 20 retail chains across Thailand. The promotion will run until the end of March 2017, with the winner announced on 12 May. Samsung Pay launched in Thailand earlier this month.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa