Visa cardholders are being automatically entered into a lucky draw for the chance to win one million Thai Baht (US$28,100) worth of gold whenever they use their contactless card or Samsung Pay at more than 20 retail chains across Thailand. The promotion will run until the end of March 2017, with the winner announced on 12 May. Samsung Pay launched in Thailand earlier this month.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay