Samsung is to add a virtual assistant called Bixby to Samsung Pay, a Samsung Pay Beta page seen by Galaxy Club reveals. “It’s unclear how exactly it’ll work, but we’re hoping you’ll be able to say something along the lines of, ‘Bixby, send $30 to Carlos’,” Sammobile reports. The beta page also hints at the upcoming launch of the Samsung Pay Mini online payments app that was unveiled in May 2016.
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump
- China opens up its payments market to foreign companies
- Starbucks to run cashless store pilot in South Korea
- Apple closes Dutch bank Bunq’s backdoor to Apple Pay