The global mobile payments market will reach US$3,388bn by 2022, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 33.4%, Allied Market Research predicts. “NFC has high growth potential and is anticipated to exhibit CAGR of around 36% during the forecast period,” the firm says. “By mode of transaction, in 2015, SMS accounted for about 54% of the overall payments market share, followed by wireless application protocol (WAP). Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth rate.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments