The global mobile payments market will reach US$3,388bn by 2022, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 33.4%, Allied Market Research predicts. “NFC has high growth potential and is anticipated to exhibit CAGR of around 36% during the forecast period,” the firm says. “By mode of transaction, in 2015, SMS accounted for about 54% of the overall payments market share, followed by wireless application protocol (WAP). Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth rate.”
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards