European payment infrastructure provider EBA Clearing has begun testing an instant payment platform unveiled earlier this month by the European Central Bank, that will allow European consumers to make cross-border mobile P2P payments. Some 28 funding institutions gathered in Milan to mark the start of the testing phase, with an official launch scheduled to take place in November 2017. EBA Clearing is running the test environment in collaboration with payment processor SIA.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes