Mastercard is to work with the Government of Pakistan’s National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) to introduce a system that will enable Pakistani citizens to use their identity cards to conduct financial transactions. “We are excited to partner with Nadra Technologies to turn the National ID card into a singular touch point for payments and remittances, and thus open up avenues that minimise handling of cash in favour of a more secure electronic payment method,” says Mastercard’s Khalid Elgibali.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay