Mastercard is to work with the Government of Pakistan’s National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) to introduce a system that will enable Pakistani citizens to use their identity cards to conduct financial transactions. “We are excited to partner with Nadra Technologies to turn the National ID card into a singular touch point for payments and remittances, and thus open up avenues that minimise handling of cash in favour of a more secure electronic payment method,” says Mastercard’s Khalid Elgibali.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards