Consumers with Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge devices can now log into select websites and mobile apps using their fingerprint and Samsung Pass, the biometric authentication service unveiled by Samsung in August 2016. The feature is being added through support for Android 7.0 Nougat, which is currently being rolled out by Samsung, and “will soon be expanded to support mobile banking app integration,” according to the company. The platform also supports iris recognition for authenticating payments through Samsung Pay, but the feature has not been activated yet.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India