Two thirds of 18- to 25-year-olds in the UK (64%) are using a mobile wallet, while only 14% have “no interest” in doing so, research released by social money transfer app Moneymailme reveals. “PayPal seems to remain one of the most frequently used online payment services among 18- to 25-year-olds (52%), while newer entrants to the market like Apple Pay (18%) and Google Wallet (9%) are starting to gain market share,” the company says. Meanwhile, 48% believe cash will become obsolete within 20 years.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump