Two thirds of 18- to 25-year-olds in the UK (64%) are using a mobile wallet, while only 14% have “no interest” in doing so, research released by social money transfer app Moneymailme reveals. “PayPal seems to remain one of the most frequently used online payment services among 18- to 25-year-olds (52%), while newer entrants to the market like Apple Pay (18%) and Google Wallet (9%) are starting to gain market share,” the company says. Meanwhile, 48% believe cash will become obsolete within 20 years.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole