Two thirds of 18- to 25-year-olds in the UK (64%) are using a mobile wallet, while only 14% have “no interest” in doing so, research released by social money transfer app Moneymailme reveals. “PayPal seems to remain one of the most frequently used online payment services among 18- to 25-year-olds (52%), while newer entrants to the market like Apple Pay (18%) and Google Wallet (9%) are starting to gain market share,” the company says. Meanwhile, 48% believe cash will become obsolete within 20 years.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India