Mobile and digital payments will overtake physical card payments as the predominant non-cash payment mode in India this year, Deloitte India predicts. “Demonetization may well be the catalyst that sees semi-urban and rural markets in India skip the ‘card era’ and leapfrog directly to ‘mobile payments era’,” the research firm says.
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case
- Samsung Pay Rewards expands to Spain