Mobile and digital payments will overtake physical card payments as the predominant non-cash payment mode in India this year, Deloitte India predicts. “Demonetization may well be the catalyst that sees semi-urban and rural markets in India skip the ‘card era’ and leapfrog directly to ‘mobile payments era’,” the research firm says.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones