Apple Pay and Android Pay are preparing to launch in Korea, according to The Korea Herald. “Apple’s executives recently held a meeting with South Korean financial authorities — a move that can be viewed as the company testing the waters,” the publication reports. “Local card companies forecast that Google’s Android Pay is likely to be introduced earlier than Apple Pay.”
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases