Bank of China has become the first bank in Hong Kong to offer Apple Pay with UnionPay credit cards. BOC UnionPay Dual Currency Credit cardholders can make payments at UnionPay QuickPass terminals in mainland China and Hong Kong. A HK$30 cash (US$4) gift for customers signing up for Apple Pay and promotions for using the service at Pacific Coffee and Sasa outlets are on offer until 20 April 2017.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account