Global consumers are “more concerned” with protecting their financial and payments information on a computer than protecting the same data in a mobile wallet, ACI Worldwide and Aite Group research reveals, with more than 80% believing their mobile wallet data is secure. 75% of the 6,000 consumers across 20 countries surveyed are “very interested” in receiving a call or SMS to help mitigate fraud.
- Shanghai bus operator adds face recognition payments
- German savings banks to offer Apple Pay ‘this year’
- UK Finance reports 31% rise in contactless transactions
- Chipotle teams with Venmo to launch mobile rewards program
- Safaricom signs mobile payments deal with Alibaba