Visa’s mVisa QR-based mobile payment service is now live in India, Kenya and Rwanda and will soon be available in Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Pakistan and Vietnam, the company has announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Mastercard’s Masterpass QR service, meanwhile, is now available in seven countries in Africa and Asia — Kenya, Pakistan, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Ghana.
- Swiss competition authority forces Apple to agree to make functional changes to Apple Pay
- Softbank-backed PayPay to update mobile payments app ‘after wrongful charge complaints’
- 7-Eleven to open unmanned convenience stores in Japan
- Hyundai to let drivers unlock cars with their fingerprint
- UN agency to pilot biometric cards for migrants