Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) and Spain’s CaixaBank have distributed prepaid wristbands to visitors to Mobile World Congress in Barcelona which let them make contactless payments. “The device can also be used as a building access control system or as a public transport card thanks to the NFC contactless technology and various mobile applications,” G&D says. CaixaBank’s Matteo Fermi has written for NFC World’s What’s New in Payments report on how mobile payments can add value to traditional banking services.
- Apple Pay about to go live in Brazil?
- Brazil to introduce multifunction driver’s licenses that can be read with an NFC phone
- Avis pilots mobile car rental keys
- Trimet to roll out world’s first integration of transit ticketing card with Android Pay
- Kroger grocery stores to accept Chase Pay mobile payments