Nordic bank Nordea has launched the first version of its Open Banking/Open API portal, offering third-party developers the chance to collaborate with the bank as part of the requirements laid out by the European Payment Services Directive (PSD2). “Nordea is seeking to actively collaborate with third parties and industry innovators to co-create future banking services,” says Nordea’s Jarkko Turunen. The bank’s Liisa Kanniainen has written for NFC World’s What’s New in Payments report on what the new European PSD2 and GDPR regulations mean for the future role of banks.
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network