Samsung is planning to make Samsung Pay available on its non-premium smartphones in India, including its budget J series models, according to Mashable sources. It is likely that Samsung will make this possible through Samsung Pay Mini, the pared-down version of Samsung Pay unveiled in February 2017. Samsung Pay launched through an early access programme in India last week.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models