More than two thirds of global consumers (70%) fear hackers could steal their personal information when they use a mobile wallet, and 67% worry their money could be stolen, a report from Oxford Economics and Charney Research says. “We found companies underestimate consumers’ enthusiasm for mobile payments, and businesses must do more to address their customers’ security concerns,” adds Oxford Economics, following the survey of 2,000 consumers and 300 business executives around the world.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service