More than two thirds of global consumers (70%) fear hackers could steal their personal information when they use a mobile wallet, and 67% worry their money could be stolen, a report from Oxford Economics and Charney Research says. “We found companies underestimate consumers’ enthusiasm for mobile payments, and businesses must do more to address their customers’ security concerns,” adds Oxford Economics, following the survey of 2,000 consumers and 300 business executives around the world.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain