More than two thirds of global consumers (70%) fear hackers could steal their personal information when they use a mobile wallet, and 67% worry their money could be stolen, a report from Oxford Economics and Charney Research says. “We found companies underestimate consumers’ enthusiasm for mobile payments, and businesses must do more to address their customers’ security concerns,” adds Oxford Economics, following the survey of 2,000 consumers and 300 business executives around the world.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign