Android Pay will launch in Korea in May with support from Shinhan Card, Hyundai Card, Lotte Card and Hana Card, according to ETNews. “The release target was set in May,” the publication reports. “The card companies will sign the contract soon after the internal review.” Reports that Android Pay was heading to Korea emerged in February 2017.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups