Android Pay will launch in Korea in May with support from Shinhan Card, Hyundai Card, Lotte Card and Hana Card, according to ETNews. “The release target was set in May,” the publication reports. “The card companies will sign the contract soon after the internal review.” Reports that Android Pay was heading to Korea emerged in February 2017.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents