Apple Pay will launch in Taiwan on March 29 with support from Cathay United Bank, CTBC Bank, E Sun Commercial Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank, Taishin International Bank and Union Bank of Taiwan, according to Focus Taiwan. The company unveiled its plans to launch the mobile payment service in Taiwan in February 2017, when Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that the number of Apple Pay users has more than tripled over the past year.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability