Apple Pay adoption at the point of sale is “growing nicely” and is “in-line with growth among other digital payment players” such as Google and Samsung, long-time Apple analyst Gene Munster reveals. “We believe that users are activating Apple Pay on about 30% of new iPhones,” the analyst, who has moved to Loup Ventures from Piper Jaffray, writes in a research note. “In total, we estimate that 13% of the 680m iPhones in use today have activated Apple Pay.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments