Customers of Deutsche Bank in Germany can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using their Mastercard credit or debit card through the bank’s Deutsche Bank Mobile app. “Customers who have the app loaded on their Android smartphone (version 4.4 and above) can make cashless payments worldwide at 6m Mastercard acceptance points,” Deutsche Bank says. The bank has approximately 300,000 customers with a Mastercard and an Android smartphone.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa