PayPal users across Asia Pacific will soon be able to make in-store NFC mobile payments in all Visa supporting locations, following an announcement by PayPal and Visa that they are to expand their US payments agreement to the region. The move will see PayPal making use of the Visa Digital Enablement Program (VDEP) to tokenize payments made in-store by its customers on a mobile phone or connected device.
- Seven watch brands to embed Barclaycard’s bPay wearable payments in their devices
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders