PayPal users across Asia Pacific will soon be able to make in-store NFC mobile payments in all Visa supporting locations, following an announcement by PayPal and Visa that they are to expand their US payments agreement to the region. The move will see PayPal making use of the Visa Digital Enablement Program (VDEP) to tokenize payments made in-store by its customers on a mobile phone or connected device.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes