Webinar — Case study: Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments
Case study: Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments
Thursday 8 December 2016, 7am PST/10am EST/15:00 GMT/16:00 CET
Join NFC World, Proxama and prepaid payments processor Tutuka to get real world insight into the practical issues involved in implementing a host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments service using Visa and Mastercard’s cloud based payment standards.
Proxama and Tutuka are working together on an HCE pilot that enables cardholders to use their existing Android smartphones to make in-store payments.
The service provides:
- Real-time enabling of NFC payment on mobile devices
- Support for any form of payment account including prepaid, gift, loyalty, payroll and insurance
- A fully configurable solution that can be incorporated into an issuer’s existing app or offered as a stand alone app
- Cloud deployment in Amazon Web Services’ PCI compliant environment for scalability, flexibility and security
- Compliance with both Mastercard and Visa’s Cloud Based Payment (CBP) specifications
During this event Shaun Hodgkiss, Tutuka’s CTO, and Rob Macmillan from Proxama’s digital payments division will share with webinar attendees:
- The rationale behind the scheme, including why Tutuka and Proxama have embarked on the project
- The scope of the project, the technology employed and its unique features, including the provisioning of virtual accounts and the use of Amazon Web Services
- Tutuka’s mobile payment strategy and the company’s objectives for the mobile payments project
- Practical experience gained implementing the project and the lessons learned along the way
- The next steps and future direction of the project
The webinar will be chaired by NFC World’s Sarah Clark and time will be available for an extensive Q&A session following the main presentations.
Attend this webinar to learn from a team with real world experience of the practical issues involved in implementing a standards-based solution for cloud-based NFC mobile payments.
There’s no charge to attend this event and registration is quick and easy. Simply click on the button below and enter your details if you’re not already registered with our webinar platform.
Who should attend?
This webinar will be of benefit to anyone working in a business or technical role at card issuers and processors, financial institutions and the wider financial services technology sector — anyone, in fact, who would like to gain an in-depth understanding of what it takes to launch an HCE payments service.
About our sponsor
Proxama is an international mobile commerce company providing end-to-end payment solutions for card issuers and proximity marketing via mobile devices.
The company provides solutions to card issuers to securely transition their card portfolio onto mobile for NFC contactless payments as well as solutions for EMV enablement, electronic PIN delivery, tokenization and card issuance management.
Proxama’s Digital Enablement Platform (DEP) helps issuers to safeguard their investment in legacy systems and provides a route beyond EMV to innovative services such as tokenization and NFC mobile payments.
Shaun Hodgkiss, Tutuka
Shaun is Tutuka’s chief technology officer. He started out studying medicine but changed direction to pursue his passion for technology and the internet, building a career in what were then the pioneering days of web development.
He joined Tutuka soon afterwards and took on the role of technical director, where he oversaw all technical aspects of the development of the company’s award-winning processing platform as well as its integration into the MasterCard and Visa networks. Tutuka is now one of the largest prepaid processors in the developing world.
Rob Macmillan, Proxama
Rob Macmillan is the vice president for product marketing and product management for payments solutions at Proxama Group.
Rob has a degree in Applied Physics from Lancaster University and a background in software development. He now applies his deep technical and commercial knowledge of the card and NFC mobile payments industry to lead the product strategy and roadmap for the group.
In this role, Rob engages with customers, partners and industry bodies to understand market opportunities and convert them into innovative product propositions that offer both business benefits to clients and added value for the end consumer.
Would your organisation like to run a webinar with NFC World? Contact Rhi Hughes to find out more.