The Apple Watch Series 2 also incorporates NFC payments.
UPDATED 12 September 2017 As does Apple Watch Series 3 — and it may also get offer other NFC functionality, as hinted at during the launch announcement.
Apple Watch coverage in NFC World
- Apple launches Watch Series 3 with electronic SIM and tap-to-connect GymKit support
- Samsung challenges Apple Watch with its new Gear Sport smartwatch
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- US pop band adds NFC tags to merchandise range
- There’s now an Apple Pay smart debit card for kids
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Apple to enable NFC pairing on HomeKit smart home devices
- NXP issues statement of support for NFC tag reading on Apple devices
- Apple Pay to add P2P payments to iMessage through iOS 11
- Apple Watch to enhance fitness monitoring using NFC tag reading
- Apple adds support for NFC tags to iPhone 7 and Apple Watch
- Apple Pay launches in Italy with support from UniCredit and Carrefour Banca
- Apple Pay transactions grew 450% in the last 12 months, Tim Cook reports
- Apple Pay goes live in Taiwan with support from seven banks
- Apple Pay goes live in Ireland with support from Mastercard, Visa and two banks
- Square cuts processing costs to promote Apple Pay
- Apple Watch strap to get customisable links?
- Apple Pay users to get rewards at 300,000 self-serve machines
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion