The Nokia 603 is a Symbian Belle device with NFC, designed for first time smartphone owners. The device retails at around €200 (US$275) before taxes and subsidies and started shipping on 21 October 2011.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability