The Porsche Design P’9981 by BlackBerry is a ‘restricted edition’ leather and stainless steel-clad designer handset announced in October 2011 that retails at US$2,000. The device was referred to as the R47 and the Bold 9980 during its development.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability