The Samsung S5230 NFC, also known as GT-5230N, Star, Avila, Player One and Tocco Lite, is widely available. This phone is available at retail in France, where it is known as the Samsung Player One Cityzi. It was also used in Telefonica’s Sitges pre-commercial pilot as well as in the Czech Republic and Poland. The Tocco Lite was also the first NFC phone offered by Orange for its Quick Tap NFC payments roll-out in the UK.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit